Latest posts by Deeptha Sreedhar (see all)
- Brand managers need to think differently when it comes to AR – Part 2 - March 23, 2018
- “Brand managers need to think differently when it comes to AR” - March 22, 2018
- Best Augmented Travel Apps to use On The Go - March 22, 2018
A look at the highlights of 2017 USA Field Service Benchmark Report:
Technology and Digital Transformation continues to shape the service industry. Most of the respondents said, their strategy was ‘mobile first’. Growing emphasis on mobiles and abundance of data is enabling organisations to focus on mobile technology and transformation.
Key take-aways from the report
- Breed-solutions are the fad, as opposed to single platform solutions. The idea is to achieve maximum efficiency to embrace digital transformation.
- Most respondents said – they’ve been prioritising a mobile first mindset due to the increasing accessibility and growth of mobiles.
- To bridge the gap between knowledge and digital transformation – seems to be the quintessential need of the hour for enterprises.
Among many booming technologies this year, 72% respondents said they’ve adopted or planning to add the ropes of cloud to their business. 30% of the businesses have added or planning to add the ropes of Augmented Reality (AR).
“I was quite surprised to see that technician adoption of new solutions ranked so highly as a challenge. With today’s technology, equipment comes to consumers, employees, and to businesses more and more without a real need to instruct on its use. The perception of complexity is really what holds technicians back. We invest a lot of time and energy into making technology easier to understand, and we deploy tools in the field that are as easy to operate as common applications you can run on IOS, Android, or a Windows device,” says Martin Knook, CEO Gomocha
Need to evolve digitally
Surprisingly, 42% of the respondents said they initiated/ adopted digitisation and automation of field service activities to reduce costs. 34% of them wanted to go digital to increase transparency and ensure viability as a business.
Digital transformation trends
Technology is ever evolving. There is constant need to adopt to these innovations. The question here though, is how adoptive are businesses? 35% of the respondents said they’re agile enough to adopt an innovation cycle every three years. While, 28% of the enterprises preferred to work with solutions that were scalable and relevant for at least ten years.
This article is a re-written excerpt from the 2017 USA Field Services Benchmark Report. The graphs were sourced from the same report.